Here’s what you need
- Ample snacks
- Pack a bag of snacks, socks, etc for the halfway resupply. This will be available at the 13 mile checkpoint.
- At least two liters of water to start. You'll be able to resupply at checkpoints
- Backpack pack Need a recommendation? Check out Deuter!
- Weather-appropriate clothing. For a great selection and discounts, visit our partners
- Hiking poles
- Comfortable athletic clothing
- Hiking boots with non-cotton socks
- Dress in layers to adapt to changing temperatures
- Expert guides
- Support guides and gear shuttle
- Resupply points with extra food and beverages
- Park permits
- Gratuity for your guide
Drive to Meet
Have your own transportation? Select the "drive to meet" option at check out. You'll meet your guide at the Plattekill Travel Plaza at 5:15 AM. From there you'll follow the van about an hour to the trailhead.
Strenuous - For advanced and very fit hikers only
If you yearn to touch the sky and think the rewards outweigh the risks and extreme conditions, a Level 9 trip is what you’re looking for. You will be called upon to prove you belong among the best. Only inner fortitude and perseverance will get you and your team to the top and back safely.
You should be ready for at least ten hours a day of pain, challenge, and constant small victories. Prepare for this by racing in triathlons, training for a marathon and keeping up your hiking skills.
You should expect to be hiking twelve to thirty miles per day.
On Level 9 trips you will be trekking in rugged mountains with exposed terrain and loose features.
There could be elevation change of 10,000+ feet per day with some altitude travel likely.
Up to 17,000 feet.
Weather conditions can be quite different from the city in the mountainous regions we visit. Temperatures can be quite cooler as we head north or to higher elevations. Keep your eyes out for an email from our team a few days in advance of your trip. That email will provide updated weather conditions and will alert you to anything additional you should put in your pack to prepare. We head outside in any weather, as long as we know it's safe, and we don't let a little rain or wind ruin a chance for an adventure. You can contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions about preparing for trail conditions.